Time to turn the winter bark heels into smooth, soft and happy feet! Want to learn a quick & easy solution for a fraction of the cost. Keep reading for our steps for an at-home spa manicure & pedicure.
Let's not have Jack Frost nipping at dry, rough toes. Spring is only a few weeks away and its time to step up our foot care maintenance. We are here to share a few easy & practical steps that will keep your feet soft & moisturized all winter season.
1. DAILY CLEANSE. You will be surprised how many people do not wash their feet. Most of us simply allow water to run over our feet when taking a shower. Think about it... If you actually wash your feet using a brush or cloth you are going to remove dead skin during this process.
If you want the easiest way to clean your feet, try a system like Footmate, which easily suction cups onto your shower floor and allows for you to thoroughly cleanse your feet. A proper daily cleanse will remove dead skin and soften your feet.
2. INSTANT MOISTURIZING. Time is truly of the essence and we are here to tell you that in order to lock in maximum moisture and softness, be sure to moisturize your feet right after bathing.
Glide on some nourishing foot butter before going on with the rest of your day or heading to bed. It will make all the difference in the long run!
3. KEEP COVERED. We all know the good ol' socks while we sleep trick to wake up to super soft feet. Well, we are here to cue you in on another secret. If you want super soft feet, wear socks or footies with all of your shoes. Most women, don't wear anything with our flats, heels, sandals. Combining sweat + "rubbage" = roughness.
There are footies for all shoes, especially if you like peeptoe shoes. By wearing footies, it will minimize the rubbing that causes leathery rough feet.
4. SOAK, SOAK, SOAK. Showers are great, but they don't provide the same softness like taking a bath or simply soaking your feet. By doing a warm foot soak at least once a week with a moisturizing foot soak or foot milk you will experience an intense exfoliation of dead skin.
Even though you skin will be super moisturized after soaking, we recommend lathering on some emollient cream.
5. IT'S NOT WHAT YOU DO, IT'S HOW YOU DO IT. We all know that we need to exfoliate our feet, but how many of us are doing it right? When it comes to doing anything in life you have to think to yourself, if its takes time to make it happen, it will take time to undo it. We highly recommend for everyone to embrace the gentle exfoliation process. The worse thing to do is shave your feet down or do treatments that remove excessive massive layers of skin. Why do you ask? Our skin is our biggest organ that is magnificent. It will respond to the sudden loss of layers by growing back thicker for "protection".
We have several ways you can exfoliate your feet, which gives great results with the first use and over time. Our favorite is Pink Power Moisturizing foot polish that really sloughs off deadskin and moisturizes at the same time! But, if you are like us, you like to just sit down and let the magic happen, we love our foot milk & foot soaks. Yowsers, the dead skin will melt off.
There you have it! Hopefully, we have given you a few golden nuggets that will step up your feet game for this Spring. If you want to whip your feet into shape, this kit has all the things needed to leave your feet soft and a smile on your face! Please be sure to share any feedback in the comment section. Especially if you have any questions.