Let's drive straight in. When your feet feel good, you feel good. It's really that simple. We are going to share some easy routines for our to maintain proper foot care of your feet.
- Keep your feet clean and dry. You don't want stinky microbes lurking where they don't belong. By washing your feet in the shower or simply soaking your feet will do the job.
- Nightly foot massages. It may sound like a lot of work, but it is really quick. The #1 complaint for most people is dry feet. If you take the time to massage a quality moisturizer onto your feet right before bed, preferably after you have cleansed them, it will help wind down your day. Per Erica Weiland, a certified Reflexologist with The Reflexology Experience,
"Make sure to really focus on your big toe when giving yourself a nightly foot massage, because your big toe is where the head, brain, and upper cervical spine and other parts of your body come together."
- Invest in proper fitting shoes. Ill proper fitting shoes causes so much havoc on our feet throughout our lives. The most transformation decision you can make is to ensure your shoes fit proper and give the right amount of support. Ladies, we know how cute heels are and we would never deny you of the beautiful satisfaction to wear them. But, it you did a rotation of heels versus sneakers, flats, etc it would really help your feet.
- When getting a pedicure follow our guidelines to ensure you do not cause any unwanted damage to your feet.
- Communal spaces that are not your home should always be addressed with caution by wearing flip flops, shower shoes, etc. Sometimes fungal infections and other unwanted guests linger in the most unexpected places.
- Treat your feet to a professional massage or reflexologist at least once a quarter. There is more to foot care than pedicures. Look into ionic detox foot baths to see if this is an option for you. Our feet are very hardworking, yet intricate parts of our body. A little TLC today can save your a lifetime of foot health issues later.
- Investing in proper foot care products like 10 free nail polish, soy-based nail polish removers, quality foot creams, balms, scrubs and soaks that will keep your feet healthy. Be sure to read the ingredients list of your products and if you can not pronounce or do not understand what the ingredient is perhaps you should do a foot care product overhaul.
Here are few of our foot care tips. You can do them all or select one or two that really seem like something you can infuse into your routine. Do you have any tips we may have missed? Please share in the comment section below.