GET THE PERFECT PEDICURE AT HOME. We love a good pedicure at a nail spa, but sometimes you just don't have the time to go. From the travel time, appointment time and drying time, there is so much you can be doing with your time. Our 15 minute Ultimate Pedicure is self care at its best with a dash of spoiling yourself. What if we told you in a mere 15 minutes, you can get a thorough exfoliation, massage and polish? Use our tips for a 15-minute Ultimate Pedicure using only ecobeauty/green beauty products!
- GATHER & PREPARE. Before starting, take a few moments to get all of you necessary items in one spot. Preparation will set you up for success. Grab your pedisoaks, foot bin, small hand towel, pumice (if desired), nail file, toe nail clippers, foot butter and favorite non-toxic nail polish, pedicure tools, toe separators and non-toxic nail polish remover. There are some popular and familiar brands out there still using harmful chemicals, so be sure to grab ecobeauty brands that use natural and organic ingredients.
- CLIP & FILE. Before soaking your toes, it is recommended to file your toe nails first. Gently clip your toes nails and file going in one direction, not like a saw (going back and forth).
- SOAK TIME! Fill you foot tub with warm water and drop in your favorite pedisoak. We recommend our Original Moisturizing Foot Soak. This soak will exfoliate, moisturize and soothe your tootsies. Soak for 7 minutes while you close your eyes or catch up on a few emails. After a few minutes of soaking, remove old nail polish and gently push back cuticle (no cutting).
- SCRUB A DUB DUB. Here's the great news. If you don't feel like you need it, skip this step all together. For a more intense exfoliation, grab our Blackened Peppermint Exfoliating Foot Polish to focus on any rough spots that still may remain. Lava salts & dead sea salt intensely exfoliate your feet, plus our Rosemary & Peppermint essential oils will revive your feet. Rinse feet with same water as foot soak.
- TENDER LOVE & CARE. Blot feet dry with hand towel. If more hydration is desired, add a dime size amount of our Hydrating Foot Butter in Lavish Touch. Our three butter blend is guaranteed to caress your feet in nourishing moisture. This is a perfect opportunity for a 60 second foot massage.
- WIPE IT DOWN. Wipe down your nails with witch hazel or a dry cloth to remove any oil or residue from moisturizing your feet. If you like your natural toes, your done! If not, keep reading...
- POLISH IT UP! If you prefer nail polish, simply paint your toes with a nontoxic base, polish and top coat. Take a mental vacation, watch a little tv, or call a girlfriend you haven't talked to in months, while your toes dry. For some of our favorite non-toxic polishes, check out our list!
Are you not a fan of pedicuring solo? Make it a Girl's Night In! Have some of your best buds over, order some food, grab a Redbox Movie and soak away! Our Pedisoak Bundle includes 6 Moisturizing Foot soaks, which is perfect for a Girl's Night in!
This Ultimate Pedicure is just one of many self care tactics. To find more practical and free ways, join our Happy Feet Challenge!