It's 2020 and it's time for us to see clearly how to save our hard-earned coins. You are in luck! Today, we are going to share with you five practical ways to save money on beauty products.
1. QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. Yes, this sounds cliche, but let us explain. How many of us buy a cheap product only to get it home and it doesn't work? <raises hands> How many of us would rather buy three inexpensive products just for the numbers, but could really use only one? <raises hands> How many of us burn through our cheap products that work, because in order for it to "work" well you need lots of it. <raises hands>
If you buy products that are quality, clean products you will save money. If you invest in your skincare/beauty products, you will save money. For example, the brand One Love Organics has an ahmaaaaazing eye balm. It costs $49.00 for .65oz, which sounds expensive. But, what if we told you you could use that one container FOREVER. Well, not literally forever, but for 6 months (maybe longer). Just a small dab is all you need of this potent, emollient magic jar of goodness.
2. MULTI-PURPOSE RULES. So many of us still haven't learned about the power of the multi-purpose product. There are somethings your shouldn't multi-purpose, however, you will be surprised on how it can save you money, as well as time.
There are products out there that are not only clean, but they take care of multiple needs. One of our favorites is the Coconut Melt made by Kopari Beauty. It smells amazing, not to forget its organic. This beauty staple is great as an overall body moisturizer, makeup remover, deep conditioning hair mask or a shave oil. Hello, lover! This puppy will set you back $28 for 5oz, but with all the practical uses, it's a steal!
3. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. Let's not become mindless beauty buying zombies and follow everything our favorite instagrammer says about a product. Once you find a product of interest, you need to take it a step further and do your homework. This way you won't end up buying a product that is "only wonderful because someone is being paid to say so".
There was an instagrammer that we love recommending a product desperately needed by our founder. During her second pregnancy, her skin became severally dry. Well, this instagrammer ranted and raved about this particular body moisturizer. Research was done and the product contained Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben and Mica. These are dealbreakers, but had she not did research she would have spent money on this raved on item only to have wasted her money.
4. BUY SAMPLES. It's a great way to save, by trying out the brand without committing to full size products.There are many brands that offer cute travel sizes or sample sizes. Also, most brands out there are open to providing a consultation or customer service to ensure you purchase the right product for your needs.
We were only providing our travel kit during the holiday season, but it is so popular we now offer it all year round. It features 5 of our 6 products in deluxe sample sizes for only $29.50. It's a great way to become familiar with our products.
5. SHOP SMALL. It' simple, you can get quality products without the hassle of paying for the big name. Many small businesses are creating amazing products that will change your life. This tip is a great way to incorporate several of our other tips. Do your research and find a small business over or boutique that carries small business brands. Research if the brand has any multi-purpose products. Contact them to find out if you can get or purchase a sample.
It is easy to see you don't have to break the bank to save on your beauty regimen. If you implement at least one of these tips you will see how easy it is to save. Please comment below on any other money saving tips.