3 THINGS YOU SHOULD BE DOING TO AVOID THE FLU
It's almost that time of year people give the gift that keeps on giving....the flu. We all want to avoid and yet, it is lurking on the next restaurant table, door knob or elevator ride....yikes! We have a few practical, cost effective and easy steps you can do to drastically lower your chances of getting sick this flu season. There are many things we are told to do, which is exercise, eat a balance meal and take supplements. However, we have three tips that are going to knock your socks off! Most of us get sick because of these three things we are not doing...
1. EMBRACE COLD FOOT SOAKING: Did you know by soaking your feet in cold water for only 15 seconds can and will boost your immunity? Well, it is true. This one simple step will boost immunity, ease stress and relieve depression.
- Gather a foot bin, foot towel and add some cold water into the bin enough to fully cover your feet. Soak your feet for 15-30 seconds. Remove and towel blot dry. This is a great opportunity to do a gently foot massage with a foot butter or cream.
- Veg out. If you have kids, once you put them to bed, make it an effort at least once or twice a week to allow yourself to indulge in movie or read a book. Allowing your mind to let go of the to do list going on in your mind.
- Relax & soak. Either taking a bath or soaking your feet will help the stress-o-meter move down a few pegs. Add some relaxing oils such as chamomile, lavender or frankincense or check out our revitalizing foot soaks.
So how can we achieve this? No matter the answer, you need to get in the mindset that something needs to change. Plus, it will take time for it to become second nature. We wanted to share some of our best tips to set you up for success to get the best sleep ever!
- Before going to bed, give yourself a gentle one minute massage on each foot. It is quick and simple, yet reaps tons of benefits. For even more benefit, use our Revitalizing Oil.
- Keep a pad & pen on your night stand and write down anything that is on your mind. This way you can woosaaaaaw it away before closing your eyes, allowing for a more peaceful sleep.